If you follow my Facebook page you may have noticed I just past 500 Likes!!! To thank you all for your support and encouragements I am giving away a $50 voucher redeemable either in my online shop here or in my Madeit shop.

Simply tell me what is your favourite piece of jewellery or gemstone you own and why or what is the story behind it.

• The competition is open until Midnight Sunday November 10.
  • The winner will be my favourite story from all the valid entries received. Have fun, be emotional and share your story!
  • Entries are open to Australia, New Zealand, Europe, USA and Canada residents.
  • Post your entry as a comment bellow this post or on my Facebook page. While liking my Facebook is not required it would be nice and greatly appreciated 😉
  • This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.

Thank you all for your entries! The is closed. Please see “And the winner is…” post for the results.

1. Janine says:

I am so excited for you Annaig, that’s awesome. I want to get to 500 by mid next year :-). My fav piece would be a pair of earrings that Mike bought me for our 7th Wedding Anniversary last month. We were talking about the modern and traditional gifts for 7 years and I asked what the stone was after some research we discovered that it was pink sapphires. Anyhoo a week later Mike said he wanted to buy me some jewellery to celebrate out wedding anniversary. We walked into the jewelers and I was immediately drawn to a pair of earrings that had pink, a touch of blue and sparkly earrings. After trying them on and loving them he bought them for me. Turns out the pink was sapphires and the blue was tanzine and the sparklies were diamonds. I love them and wear them a lot. They have become my fav pair.

• Annaig says:

Awww thank you 😉 I am sure you will to 500 quicker than you think Janine!
      What a lovely story and such a great colour combination of the pink sapphire, purply blue tanzanite and diamond. 🙂

2. Tess says:

congrats Annaig! Whoot! 500.
    My favorite piece is a ring that hubby bought me last Christmas, I must admit I chose it as I had been looking for a ring for a while. I lost a diamond out of my engagement ring years ago and had to have my wedding ring cut off when my fingers became quite chubby, so I didn’t have a ring to wear on my ring finger.
    It is very simple with a square blue topaz and those tiny little diamond chips but I like it.

• Annaig says:

That’s tough when you need to cut a ring off your finger! Blue topaz is one of my favourite gemstone, I just love the soft blue ones in particular
      The first engagement ring I sold had a round blue topaz on it too.

3. Rebekah Dundon says:

Hi, and congrats!
    My favourite piece of jewellery is a necklace that my mum bought for me for my 21st birthday.. Many moons ago! I was an empoverished art student at the time, living 1000 k’s from home, always scrabbling for rent and food money. When I opened this gift from my mum I was blown away it was so beautiful. It is a simple beaded necklace with amethyst, rose quartz and silver beads, but the feature stone is an incredibly beautiful moonstone. There is an intricately carved face on the front of this stone.. Like the man in the moon, always smiling a serene, peaceful smile. I put it on and didn’t take it off for many, many years. I only stopped wearing it because the moonstone became loose in its setting and I was scared of losinghim. It meant so much to me as I knew my mum also had limited resources at the time but she had bought me such a special piece. In my life of shoddy student housing, furniture and clothes it always made me feel special to be wearing it. I still look at it today …and wear it occasionally ….and get a feeling of warmth from my mothers love for me

• Annaig says:

That is such a nice story Rebekah! Some pieces never loose their “magic” even if they don’t get worn as often, it’s still there ready for you to get that smile inside and out 🙂