I have been looking and looking for ages to get the best way to show necklaces length when it finally dawned on me that a video was the answer! So I put on my video producer’s hat and started recording… While I won’t win an Oscar for it I do hope you will find it helpful. If you still have some questions you can always ask it in the comments bellow.
The all important last order dates…
As we are getting to the pointy end of the year here are the details for last orders:
- Any custom made jewellery (Manu Scriptum collection, rings…): Friday 5 December
- Any ready made items: Friday 12 December
Orders placed after these dates may not reach you in time before Christmas!
International shipping is possible BUT delivery times vary considerably from country to country so please keep that in mind for time sensitive presents.
Lets start with a few simple points to think off before you go shopping for your wedding bands:
- Do you both want a wedding band? I know it sounds silly but you would be surprised at how many couples I have seen with one revealing that they actually don’t want one but came along for their fiancee.
- Do you want to have an engraving in it? If so you need to have room for it.
- Which metal or colour are you after?
- Big, bold, statement band or fine band, regular shape or organic / irregular shape?
- Diamonds or gemstones feature or plain metal?
What you do everyday can play a big part in the design or style you should go for. For example if you work at a desk all day you can have an intricate pattern on your band that will last a lifetime but if you go rock climbing every weekend wearing your band the engraving isn’t going to last long…
If you are planing well ahead of time let your jeweller know if you are on a diet to loose some weight before your wedding as it will affect your finger size.
On the other hand if you leave it to the last minute that will limit what can be customised! On average I would take about 2 to 3 weeks to get wedding bands designed and handmade so keep that in mind if you are after something unique.
For the Bride
The best way to get started is with your engagement ring. The jeweller who made it for you already as an idea of what you like or don’t like, your finger size, jewellery style and which metal was used to make your engagement ring. If it was specially handmade for you chances are you would have already started to discuss wedding bands to go next to it so save yourself time and go back there to refine your design.
If that is not an option I still recommend you start with your engagement ring as the wedding band will fit next to it. I normally go for a similar profile and width of the ring to complement it and not overpower it. While I usually stay with the same metal and colour I have had a few clients who wanted their wedding band in a contrasting colour (white gold engagement ring and rose gold wedding band for example) so it could be something for you to consider as well.
For the Groom
Most men haven’t worn a ring on a regular basis so choosing a style may take a little time. Try as many ring styles as possible! I know you might not like spending too long in a shop but it is important for you to find something you will be comfortable wearing and also a ring you can be proud of wearing everyday.
To make it more personal I like to explore design ideas with my clients to make their wedding band uniquely theirs. Sometimes we can stylise an element of the engagement ring to be transferred onto the wedding band or create a pattern inspired by their story, how or where they met, their hobby… anything can inspire an element to make it a one of a kind wedding band.
The keyword here is time. Take the time to try different things, you don’t have to buy one on the day or settle on a design at the first meeting.
If you have any questions about wedding bands or any jewellery and gemstones question I am only an email away!
Avec Noël dans quelque semaines voici les dernières dates pour vos commandes:
- Bagues faite sur commande: 10 Décembre
- Boucles d’oreilles sur commande: 15 Décembre
- Tout autre bijoux fini et prêt a envoyer 20 Décembre
- Commande personnalisé de la collection des Manu Scriptum est maintenant fermée et ne sera commencée que l’année prochaine.
Afin d’évité toute déception je recommande de choisir l’option Express Post pour votre commande.
Comme toujours si vous désirez essayer ou voire un bijou avant de l’acheter n’hésitez pas a me contacter pour prendre rendez vous.
With Christmas fast approaching here are the last order dates for all my online shops:
- Made to order rings cut off date is December 10
- Made to order earrings cut off date is December 15
- In stock and ready made items cut off date is December 20
- Custom orders like the Manu Scriptum collection with your own text are now closed, any new orders will be made in the new year.
To avoid any disappointment with your parcel delivery I strongly recommend selecting Express Post for a prompt delivery.
As always if you would like to see or try a piece of jewellery before purchase please contact me to arrange an appointment.